Each year we provide $12,000 in Community Support Grants to one or more nonprofit organizations. We award grants of between $2,500 and $12,000.
We prioritize projects that are impactful, sustainable and visible in our community in the areas of:
• Promoting peace
• Fighting disease
• Providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene
• Saving mothers and children
• Supporting education
• Growing local economies
We are particularly interested in projects that let Rotary Club of Peoria North members take part in or volunteer for a one day/short-term project associated with the funding.
Recently funded projects include:
• Junior Achievement of Central Illinois: We assembled 140 Financial Literacy and Career Readiness take home kits that were distributed to kindergarten through fifth grade families attending the after school meals program at Neighborhood House ($5,500).
• Center for the Prevention of Abuse: We funded, packaged and delivered 190 domestic violence self-care kits and 150 sexual assault self-care kits ($10,000).
• Phoenix Community Development Services: We funded, assembled and delivered 48 home starter kits for people establishing a new home after homelessness. Kits included basic supplies like dishes, towels and bathmats, and small appliances such as coffee makers and vacuums ($10,000).
In previous years, we provided smaller grants to fund various needs at multiple nonprofit organizations throughout the community.